If you are an Opfin administrator, the first thing you should do is check the payment status. To do this, please go to Reports > Ledger, and view the report. Here you should find an entry for the salary/contractor payment that you have done through Opfin.
- If the entry is not there in the ledger, then that would mean that no payment has been made through Opfin.
- If the entry is there, please see the Status column -
- Pending - The payment has not yet been completed by Opfin.
- In Progress - The payment has been made, but we're waiting for confirmation from the beneficiary bank that it has been completed.
- Success - Payment has been made and the bank has confirmed that it has been completed.
- Failed - The payment could not be completed for some reason.
If the payment status is Failed, then that could be for several reasons -
- The beneficiary account details are incorrect.
- The beneficiary bank's systems were down when the payment was attempted.
- There is an unknown problem somewhere in the banking system.
Whenever a payment fails, Opfin automatically sends an email to all the administrators of that organization, plus the affected employee/contractor, informing them of the fact. This email also mentions the reason for the payment failure, if it is available. Lastly, this email contains a link that can be used to retry the payment.
If the payment status is Success, but the beneficiary has still not received funds, then please wait for up to 3 working days for the transfer to complete. This can happen rarely because of issues within the banking system, and at the end of 3 days either the funds will be received, or the payment will fail after which you can retry it.